Wednesday, January 09, 2008

LACASA's Big Buddy Program





What I like about being a Big Buddy

Hi, my name is Johanna and my last name is Young. My age is 10. I’m in the fifth grade.

When I work with my little buddy I feel like a counselor or a grown up helping my kid.

Being a role model means being a leader to your little buddy and being a good big buddy. I think this is a good idea that LACASA after school came up with, because it’s a good learning experience.

From being a big buddy I learned that it takes time and you have to have patience with your buddy.

LACASA's Big Buddy Program helps build good relationships between program participants while introducing older students to responsibility and leadership. All the Big Buddy "reflections" are posted on LACASA bulletin boards in PS 84. Make sure to check them out the next time you are in the school.

No comments:

Collected Links and News

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________